The Breeders’ Cup was truly bizarre. It was the usual parade of favorites and complete unknowns that took home trophies. Funny Cide ran 10th, Birdstone not much better and I saw one of the fastest 4 year old colts I have seen in a LONG time in Classic winner Ghostzapper. This is a truly special thoroughbred. He toyed with last year’c Classic winner Pleasantly Perfect and I didn’t think that was possible. Anyway, I know you probably missed it, but it was high drama for a racing fan. (But who was that horse that won the Juvenile!? American Breeders should be hiding their heads in the sand for not winning that race.) In all, a great day of racing but please get the Cup back to Kentucky where it belongs! …Mainly so I can drive to see it.
In other news…
- Dan won a game in the ESPN league! He’s off the schneid! A 13-10 thriller over Carolina. Well done, Dan.
- All three Florida teams lost yesterday for the first time since the invention of the Chia Pet. The FSU game wasn’t a surprise. That team is vastly overrated. Florida has a lame duck coach so anything they do now can’t be a shock. But Miami? North Carolina? Huh? How do you lose to North Carolina?
- Ohio State won in its usual fashion–a 21-10 win over Penn State. OSU passed 8 times mainly due to 35 MPH winds. Hard to complain though, after losing three straight earlier this year, a win is a win.
- Maybe losing to Northwestern, as OSU did earlier this year, isn’t all that bad after all? Did you see the Purdue game? Good lord…Purdue has totally collapsed.
- Way to go Michigan State. Really. Good job. Up 17 with 9 minutes to play and lose to Michigan. Kudos. Really. Golf clap.
Getting off sports for a moment:
As most of you know, I live in a Battleground state. During an election year this is like living in the 5th circle of Hell. That’s it. I’m moving to Montana where people apparantly don’t live.