Ugh… work has been insane of late. I’ve got about 6 different projects all with different project leads all trying to get me to get things done at the same time. Oh, well.
News bits for the day…
1. Brewers are, well…. sucking it up to the extreme. I can’t believe how bad the central is though. The Brewers had a 7 game lead when they were 14 games over .500. They’re now 5 games over .500 and have a 5.5 game lead. If they would have gone .500 over this stretch they would be leading the divsion by double digits. Oh, well. Hopefully things settle down soon. One thing that has been amazing though is the Home Run power of Prince Fielder. Man, when that kid connects… he crushes the ball.
2. The new version of the Gametap client is out. New games for the week, Tomb Raider Legend, Metal Slug 2, Metal Slug X, Another King of Fighters game, and something called Panzer Dragoon… I think Dan’s interested in that one.
3. Is there anyone that reads this site that didn’t write reviews at one time or another? heh. Judging by the comments, looks a lot of us have that in common.
4. I’m really behind on getting my next and final segment of the Pro Yakyuu Spirits 4 translation and guide up, but there is going to be a huge update next week. One of our readers has gone above and beyond the call of duty and has put together a hell of a guide for the Spirits section and is now working on the Pennant Chase mode as well. When he’s all done with it, I’ll be putting together one big HTML guide, containing all of my parts as well as his work, on one of my web sites. Currently the work that he’s done amounts to a 10+ meg Word Document…. so there is a ton of stuff there. Having looked it over though, it’s going to be a terrific guide for those of you who have the game, or want to try out the Spirit and Pennant Chase modes.
5. For those of you keeping score at home, here’s how Dan ranked this years baseball games for the PS3.
MLB 07: The Show
I totally agree with those rankings. Both MLB games are decent, but not great, but PYS4 is in a league by itself.
6. Speaking of Dan, where’s the trivia? What gives?