– Around 6 o’clock on Friday night I started to get a headache, earache, and sore throat… then the temp went up. I hit 103 on Friday, and then 104.5 on Saturday, and finally 105.2 around 10:00 last night. At that point my wife took me to the ER. Turns out I have Strep. Pisser. So, antibiotics are the order of the day. Thankfully, my parents were able to take the kids tonight while I’m still contagious. So, at least I don’t have to watch over them today. That would have been nearly impossible.
– Well, the Badgers season really ended on a whimper last night as they got thumped by FSU. I think people here were just hoping for them to put a good showing together…boy did they disappoint. Starting the season ranked in the top 10, and ending it 7-6… that’s just plain fugly football.
– Speaking of Fugly football, I’m sitting here watching the Packers and Lions. I think that says it all.
– Oh, can someone tell the fine people at Lexus that in a massive recession there aren’t going to be many people giving out cars as gifts to their spouses… Those commercials piss me off every time I see them.
– I think the furor over Wes Welker getting a fine is rather entertaining. The snow angel celebration has been in the books since 2006. Is it an idiotic rule, of course… but it’s on the books.
Personally, I think that the fact that it was a “good guy” did something like that that has people so upset. If it would have been Chad Johnson, no one would have made a fuss.