– I just got done watching a recording of the documentary ‘Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade’ off of Showtime. Oh, man… it’s a painful bit of viewing about the most famous arcade videogame players of the early 1980’s. I’d love to detail more of it, but it’s really something that should be seen rather than explained. Some of these guys just are painful to watch, not because they don’t have any screen presence, but because so much of their life is wrapped up into their gaming records.
– Thankfully my Strep throat is clearing up after I was given the antibiotics in the ER. Man, that was one of the worst sicknesses I’ve ever had. Hell, I was in the ER twice this year with temps over 103 (and almost a third time, when my wife just determined it was the flu.) I can do without this much sickness next year.
– Anyone anxious to see what programming the MLB network has in store starting on Thursday, or is that just me?
– If you want to feel old today, take a look at this video on Youtube. I don’t know why it’s so amazing to me when the kids of superstar athletes start showing up like this.
– Lastly, my copy of the DVD for Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog came in yesterday and it’s just as great as I remembered. Also, the commentary track is another musical for the movie. Who doesn’t love Nathan Fillion singing about how much better he is than Neil Patrick Harris? If you liked the web series, it’s a great DVD to pick up, and it’s only $10.49 (at the moment, it has been $9.99)… well worth it. Lots of other extras worth watching as well.