– Re: Netflix. It sucks. Really sucks. This is really making me think about Blockbuster… even though I’ll be giving up the online watching. The price difference between Blu-Ray and DVD isn’t enough to justify this increase. It’s a money grab plain and simple.
At this point, dropping Blu-Ray for a while seems like a good option though.
– I got a copy of Don King Boxing for the Wii late on Friday (I didn’t find out about it from my wife until after I posted.) I played around with it and while it’s a good workout the controls didn’t work well for me when I tried to use it with the balance board. Uppercuts were almost flawless, I never missed them… but jabs and hooks almost never registered in any of the training modes.
I’m going to give it a bit more time tonight to see if it plays better without the board… or if there is just something that I’m missing.
All joking aside though, if there was one boxing game that I’d really like to play tonight though, it would be Super Punch Out on the Virtual Console (YAY to not needing to worry about Wii storage space again!)
– If you missed the NCAA hockey action this weekend, you really missed out. New Hampshire’s goal against North Dakota with 0.3 remaining was one of the most exciting things that I had seen in hockey in years. (Jack Skille’s goal to put the Badgers into the Frozen Four has a special place for me there.) Add that to Bemidji State (I can hear next year’s cheers at the Kohl Center already… BEMIDJI IS NOT A STATE) making the Frozen Four and you have a spectacular tourney weekend.
In regards to Bemidji, they were the #16 seed out of 16. It would have been one thing if they just eek’d out a few wins, but they just dominated the two teams that they played, putting up 9 goals and allowing only 2. It was an awesome thing to see.
– Over the weekend I started up Grand Theft Auto 4 again. I’m pretty sure I figured out right away why I stopped…. the motorcycle levels nearly drove me to drink…. it made me glad that I have the PS3 version and don’t have access to the Lost and the Damned.
– Funny thing I heard on the radio today. Michigan State scores 64 and holds a team to 52 and it’s a ball control game. Hmm… whenever a game like that is played between two Big Ten teams, it’s called an ugly game. Interesting….