– Still settling in to life… trying to make it as normal as it can be. It was actually refreshing to get back to work. You kind of start over again, a nice thing.
– I saw that Warner Brothers has a site that allows you to send in the covers for most of your HD-DVD titles and upgrade them to Bluray for $5 a title. That’s quite a good deal. I know that I’ll be upgrading at least a few (Ultimate Matrix Collection and Ocean’s Trilogy come to mind.)
– Started playing Fallout 3 on the 360 when I got back. All I have to say is this for my gameplay thus far. Stupid Fire Ants.
– While I was on my trip, I read through the first 3 books of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series. Why I waited so long to read these books is beyond me. The sense of humor in these books is terrific. Well worth the $8 that I spent on them at the used book store. (Just picked up the 4th last night, as well as one of Adams other books, Dirk Gently.)
– There is a rumor out there that Dan and I will be trying to do a new podcast tomorrow evening…. I’ll let you know as things develop there.
– Dan could not be more right about Fairway solitare. That game was the bee’s knees. Absolutely terrific and incredibly addicting.
– In other gaming news, I see that my City of Heroes/Villians account has been re-activated until Sunday. Can’t hurt to see if any of the new content is worth a look.
That Best Buy $9.99 game sale is a killer to me. I still haven’t bought a game this year, but seeing the $10 price point for Soul Calibur 4 is a tough one. Everyone with a DS should pick up a copy of Tecmo Bowl for $10 though. Well worth it.
– Lastly for today, I’m downloading the Release Candidate for Windows 7 to load onto my new PC at home. My boss keeps raving about all of performance that he’s gotten out of the beta version on his PC, so I guess it’s worth taking a look.