– Free Plants vs. Zombies today on the Amazon Appstore for Android. Dan can rave over and over about his iPad, but I get this for free today. Woo!
Oh, and Dan? I have a WordPress app for my tablet too.
– As I am sure this will make Craig very sad, the Atlanta Thrashers have been sold and the team will be moving to Winnipeg for next season. I’m a strong proponent of more professional hockey teams being back in Canada and hope that Quebec can get another team at some point as well. Maybe Phoenix….
– EA announced today their new cover and a new Hall of Fame edition for Madden 12, with Marshall Faulk on the cover. It costs $30 more but has an autographed Panini card (I’m way out of the card collecting game, I have no idea who that is,) as well as a Platinum Pack for Madden Ultimate Team. (Again this is something that I know exists… but have no idea why people play it. Cie la vie.)
– I’m still planning on fixing the layout for the site, but due to the fact that I was on some pretty strong drugs, I figured it was smart to hold off on that.
I’m going to try and repair it at some point this week… I just have to remember what changes I made quite some time ago that made it all work.
– Over the last few weeks, I caught up on a few movies that I had put on the DVR, but never got around to. The two bigger ones being Terminator: Salvation and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
Both movies were decent, but were not nearly as bad as people led me to believe that they were.
Reading up on the Terminator franchise now is pretty entertaining. Who would have thought that the fact that Arnie was cheating on his wife could derail the franchise. Then again, the franchise isn’t anywhere near as strong as it was… so it just needed a nudge to be sent off the rails.
– Lastly, the one other item that I acquired over my time off was the Dish Network Sling Adapter. If you have a VIP 722k for Dish Network, you really need to pick this up now.
The best thing about it is the fact that you don’t need to purchase a Sling Client for an Android device, you can just use the Dish App and off you go. Works great on my Blackberry as well. Pretty dang cool stuff.
Right now it’s $99, but they send you a $99 VISA card after 45 days with it. Nice to have TV on the go again.