– Another week, another 50+ hours at work. Just way too many projects going on right now that are really limiting my time to do anything but work.
Oh, and my family is getting ready for my daughter’s first big slumber party. 7 – 7 or 8 year old girls will be spending an evening at our house. That is something that I don’t think anyone can ever really be ready for. My wife has some pretty grand plans of all of the things that she would like to do for the event, but I can already see that this is going to be a train wreck.
I will be hiding the WiiU though while the other kids are in the house. My daughters still haven’t noticed it sitting on a shelf under the TV in the living room, and I’ve been thinking that I will just keep it put away during the day and take it out when I want to give it a play. (Not that I’ve even had any time to do such a thing.)
– The only things that I’ve had time for lately are to play some Professor Layton on the 3DS or spend some time with the Vita just before going to bed. Other than that, I just haven’t had the time to do much of anything else gaming or sports related.
– Another thing that I have been doing, is to try and find myself a good exercise routine at night, and what I’ve been starting to use is miCoach for the 360. I’ll be posting my impressions of the first week of using the software over the weekend. There are some definite pluses and minuses to the software, but I’ll detail all of that in another post.
– Just like Dan, I picked up another of the Playstation 3D displays for $99 at Best Buy last week. We needed another set of 3D glasses (which were also on sale for $19.99 last week) and so it was a no-brainer for me to pick up another display (basically made the 26″ 3D display only cost $80, which would have been silly not to pick up, right?)
– Also, I got a replacement 360 for Black Friday from Best Buy, which was delivered to my house less than 36 hours after ordering it on Thanksgiving morning. That was just creepy as to how quickly I received that. Thankfully, it has worked without any issues. Also, it allowed me to remove the power supply for the Kinect camera, which was a nice power plug to remove from the whole rats nest behind my TV.
– Lastly, the Badgers play in the Big Ten Football Championship Game tomorrow night and I really don’t care either way if they win or not.
1 year after all of the Jerry Sandusky issues, I still don’t believe that anything will ever really change as far as how much importance football (and I guess sports in general) are given above all else on any university campus. I’m still very much bothered about how people put sports above the safety and well being of the children at Penn State. After this time, I still get the feeling that the NCAA has pretty much done a, “Well, we gave them a ban… I think our work here is all done.”
I’m not eloquent enough to be able to really describe all of my feelings in regards to all of this… but I can say that college football is just something that I can’t really bring myself to care about or watch. So many of my friends and family are so wrapped up into it, and I think about how much it all mattered to me a few years ago and wonder about how I cared so much about a system that could let something like that happen.