– The iTunes feed has been fixed. Quite a pain in the butt to get it working again, but all of the most recent ones are up on iTunes again, and the old ones should be returning to the list in the next day or so as well. Just glad that the issues are all resolved.
– For the last week or so, I’ve been pretty deeply involved in Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS. I’m finding that it is quite an amazing strategy title after my first 5 hours in the game. The nicest change that I’ve seen thus far is the fact that there is a “normal” mode where you can die in the game and just get knocked out of the particular battle. The previous games have been so damn difficult because if one character died in the game, you lost them forever. The game is still challenging, but much more fun to play when you’re not getting frustrated by every battle. Really worth picking up if you are a strategy game fan.
– Also, I’ve been playing Lego City Undercover for the WiiU. First off, I love the humor and the environments in the game, but the loading times are terrible. You’re looking at 30 to 45 seconds of staring at loading screens at least 1 or 2 times per hour while playing. I don’t know what they can do to improve it, or if they can, but it really does take away from the game when you’re just sitting there with a controller in your hands watching a progress bar as much as you have to with that game.
– Speaking of the WiiU, I had a chance to play Super Mario Bros. U with my daughters on Sunday and it was one of the more entertaining things that I have ever done. My girls really don’t show much of an interest in games, but when they do, it’s been primarily to play games as a family, so when my youngest had her birthday on Sunday and wanted to play, we couldn’t turn her down.
Since it was her birthday, she got to be in control of the Gamepad which made her the “helper” for the rest of us. Never have I played a more chaotic game in my life, all while laughing hysterically with my wife and kids. The whole event really opened me up to wanting them to play more games like that with them. We try to do the “family fun night” thing as often as possible, so that game will definitely be used for repeat playings.
– Tomorrow I’ll post my early thoughts for Tiger Woods 14. Something else came up tonight that will delay my thoughts on that.