– Sorry for missing most of this week, I’ve been dealing with a pretty bad sinus cold and was out of it for a good part of the week.
– I have another interview coming up on the podcast later today, so stay tuned for that.
– Best Buy has a $100 gift card trade-in for an Xbox 360 or PS3 console, so I’m taking advantage of that by getting rid of my recently repaired RROD 360 and YLOD PS3’s to get some Best Buy bucks to put towards building a new PC. (I had debated putting the money towards a Xbox One, but every time I use my PC at home, I realize that it is a greater need.) I’m hoping that with those trades, as well as with a few games that I’ll be able to get a few new system components taken care of without having to spend any cash out of pocket… I’m about 4 years removed from building my last PC, so I’m pretty due for a new rig at home.
– Prince Fielder trade to Texas? Gotta say that I’m surprised about that one… and sad that the Brewers didn’t try to trade Rickie Weeks for him. (Jusit kidding.)
– Finished Contrast on the PS4 the other night and I have to say that I wasn’t all that impressed with it. It was a mildly entertaining, if not predictable story, but the gameplay got really glitchy from time to time. I had two instances where I had to quit the game because my character got stuck in the background, and both of those times I had to replay at least 5 minutes of the game. Meh.
– Also, I spent some more time with Resogun last night and found that I have absolutely no idea what is happening when I play it. It seems like humans are getting abducted without any notification or letting me do anything about it… frustrating, but still fun.
– Lastly, yesterday I had my first opportunity to play Bill Harris’ Gridiron Solitaire. I can sum up my experience with the game with one statement. I hate the #13 cards.
– More later…