– So, I’ve entered year number two of avoiding college and professional football. After this long, I have to say that it becomes easier and easier each day to skip football. The people at work seem absolutely flabbergasted that I don’t watch it, but that’s probably because it’s such a huge part of the culture down here in the south. Some of them seem to be taking it as a personal mission to get me back into the sport and no matter how strongly I tell them that I won’t be following the game, they just won’t listen. Eventually they’ll have to give up on me though, right?
– If I wanted to be a very superstitious person, I could think that I’m to blame for the Brewers losing 11 of 12 games and completely falling out of the playoff pictures, because of my move to Atlanta. But even as awesome as I am, I can’t make an entire team stop hitting and make an entire pitching staff fall apart like they have. At least I’ve been able to keep watching the games via MLB.TV though. Even though they are losing games, it’s still nice to see Miller Park and Wisconsin.
Even with the division title completely out of contention now, at least I can pull for them to try and crawl back into the Wild Card picture. That’s what a good fan does, I guess.
– International competition week this early into the Premier League season really stinks. I know that they are part of the larger world of soccer, but man, it would have been nice to have been able to see some soccer anywhere on TV this weekend.
– Seeing as how we are nearly 11 months from the launch of the Xbox One and Playstation 4, it is astounding to see how badly EA Sports has handled the launch of NHL 15, the first hockey game available for the new generation of consoles.
Polygon has taken a look into the features that have been removed from the previous generation of games and it is nothing short of shocking. How they can try to justify the removal of all of those game play modes and settings and still try to convince users that it is a worthy purchase is beyond me.
– If anyone is picking up Destiny for the PS4 and hasn’t already added me to their friends list, go ahead and do so. My PSN user name is Psunami. I’ll be picking up the game at midnight tomorrow, because I don’t have much else to do, do I?
– Have a great week everyone.