– Long time, no see.
– A week and a half ago, I closed on our new home in the Atlanta suburbs and have been doing a bit of work on it since then. Nothing really major needed to be repaired, but it’s been little things like replacing a shower head, fixing a light switch that had a lose connection, removing bidets that were installed on every toilet (seriously, bidets) and getting the place cleaned. The people really didn’t treat the place with any sort of respect for a property that they owned. It was as if they thought it was a rental and just used it up until they sold it.
Once we’re done with it, it will look great though, so that’s a good thing.
– The Brewers season went out with a massive whimper as they completely stopped hitting down the stretch. The pitching held up their end, but they were constantly getting beat 3-2 or 2-1. Personally, I blame myself for moving away. At least now I don’t have to feel bad about missing any potential playoff games.
– Excited that the NHL season starts up next week and I will be signing up for NHL Gamecenter again to make sure that I can catch all of the Islanders games. It’s a bummer that there isn’t an NHL franchise down here in Atlanta any more, but from what I’ve heard from people here, no one ever really cared about the team.
Still, I have options to get to visiting Islanders games if I want to make a drive to get to Carolina, Florida, or Tampa Bay. (Not that any of those are short drives.)
– Lastly, it is incredible to look at the Premier League table at ANY time of the year and see Crystal Palace ahead of Liverpool. Dan can give me grief for mentioning it, but it has been great to watch the Eagles play as well as they have over the last few weeks. From what I have found, the last time that the team was this high in the table was at the end of the season in 1992. So, there is a bit of a cause for enthusiasm there.
– I’ll be back with a few posts in the next day or so talking about FIFA 15, the PES 15 demo, Destiny, and Edge of Tomorrow.